LPCCE Offers Supervision Courses Each Month Towards Your ACS Credential:
CE held at 110 Greentree Road Unit J Turnersville, NJ 08012 (behind the Chik fila and Riggins gas station, next to Kumon Learning Center)
9am-4pm $99.00 6 CE See Home Page to Register for Each CE
Sunday September 24 Models of Clinical Supervision Register Here
Sunday October 22 Legal and Ethical Issues in Clinical Supervision Register Here
Center for Credentialing Website information:
Required Specialized Training
Clinical supervision training must be specific to providing supervision or becoming a supervisor.
You must document completion of one of the following:
a. A three-semester-hour graduate course in clinical supervision from a CACREP-accredited program (by transcript)
b. A 45-clock-hour NBCC-approved workshop training in clinical supervision (by certificate copy)
c. A total of 45 clock hours of clinical supervision training specific to providing supervision or becoming a supervisor, which must include each of the following content areas (Submit the transcript/certificate and the course syllabus/outline.):
- Roles and functions of clinical supervisors
- Models of clinical supervision
- Mental health–related professional development
- Methods and techniques in clinical supervision
- Supervisory relationship issues
- Cultural issues in clinical supervision
- Group supervision
- Legal and ethical issues in clinical supervision
- Evaluation of supervisee competence and the supervision process
Recredentialing/Continuing Education Requirements
Recredentialing is necessary every five years in order to continue using the ACS credential. To recredential, you must be able to document completion of 20 hours of continuing education activities during your five-year credentialing period.
- Continuing education must be specific to clinical supervision.
- Up to nine hours of supervision of your work as a clinical supervisor can apply toward the required 20 continuing education hours.
- Failure to submit the signed recredentialing attestation, payment and any requested continuing education documentation by the expiration date on your certificate will result in expiration of your credential.